Friday, August 28, 2015

Latest Mussel Rock Park rescue

Pacifica Patch/Alexander Nguyen, Staff/City News Service, 8/26/15.  "2 dogs rescued after falling of cliff with man, woman. The two dogs remained after crews rescued the woman, but are now with their owners, humane society spokesman."

Image result for Daly City Mussel Rock Park rescue picture
Who has the best cliff rescue team?  We're 99%
sure we do, but what a night and morning it was.
....  The U.S. Coast Guard responded at about 3 a.m. to rescue the woman and dogs off the cliff at Mussel Rock Park. The man who had been with her was able to get back up atop the cliff and call for help. 

Crews rescued the woman using a Coast Guard helicopter, hoisting her from 100 to 150 feet from the top and 100 to 150 feet from the bottom of the cliff.

....  The two dogs remained after crews rescued the woman, but are now with their owners, humane society spokesman Scott Delucchi (Peninsula Humane Society spokesman) said. .... the dog’s leg was injured.Read more.

Related article ABC News/Avianne Tan, "Good Moring America, 8/26/15, "Coast Guard helps rescue woman and her 2 dogs trapped on California cliffside (shortly before 9 a.m.)."  "....  Though the women and dogs were stuck on the cliff, the man was able to walk over to nearby individuals in the area and call for help, the North County Fire Authority (NCFA) spokesman said. NCFA firefighters and Daly City police responded to the scene and located the women and dogs, but they couldn't perform a rescue because the dogs were very aggressive and protective of the woman, the NCFA spokesman said.

A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter unit was then called in for assistance. The Coast Guard's helicopter got to the scene around 5 a.m., but rough winds delayed the rescue for almost two hours, a spokesman for the U.S. Coast Guard Pacific Southwest told ABC News. A rescue swimmer was finally able to come down from the helicopter around 6:45 a.m. and get the woman onto a sling, he said... ... ... The woman was transported to a medical facility at the San Francisco International Airport, the Coast Guard spokesman said. She was listed in stable condition, treated for minor injuries and released. The man who called for help was also transported to a nearby medical facility, where he was also treated for minor injuries and released, according to the NCFA spokesman." 

Posted by Kathy Meeh

No comments: