Friday, October 4, 2013

Highway 1 safety is a real issue


Thankfully, kind people stepped forward
to keep me in the Pacifica district of Purgatory
Pacifica Tribune, Letters to the Editor, 10/1/13.  "Act of  kindness" by Lloyd Kitazono

"Editor:  On Saturday, September 14, I am driving south on Highway 1 near the intersection of Linda Mar Boulevard and my truck motor completely died. The Saturday afternoon traffic was roaring by me. I got out of my truck, went about two car lengths behind my truck, waved my arms for traffic to go around me.

A gentleman was on the path next to Highway 1 and called out to me and told me he called for a tow truck and the police. Very soon after, a young woman drove by me and said she also called the police. Very soon a police car from the Pacifica Police Department came to my rescue. The police officer had honor and compassion. 

Thank you to all those who helped me when I was in a bad situation! I will always remember your kindness." 

Note:  photograph/graphic from Freaking News. 

Posted by Kathy Meeh

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a bit of a stretch if the intent is an argument in favor of widening Highway 1. Such a breakdown could have happened whether it was on a two lane road or a three way road.
Nice though to find there are still considerate citizens who came to this motorists aid.

Anonymous said...

What's next? Debt-ceiling crisis linked to Highway 1? Obamacare breakdown on Highway 1?

High said...

It's so funny to see Loeb and crew over on Riptide agreeing with each other about how they know so much more than the experts.

John must be afraid of diverging opinions, he's gone back to not printing my comments that question his exalted highness (sp) king Peter.

Anonymous said...

so you're here

Anonymous said...

I find it amazing. Really amazing. In a city of 40,000 how many bright minds in the gang of no. This group knows everything: law, land use, development, site selection, cost breakdowns, traffic planning and engineering.

Why does our city even have a staff just put these guys in to run the city, they do already!

Hutch said...

That ws supposed to say Hutch not "hight". And I'm not.

Anonymous said...

not what?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 252pm... "I find it amazing. Really amazing. In a city of 40,000 how many bright minds in the gang of no. This group knows everything: law, land use, development, site selection, cost breakdowns, traffic planning and engineering."

I find it amazing that with the Tunnel just opened earlier this year that many here have already forgotten that it was citizen activism that prevented a destructive bypass and worked for -- and achieved -- a better solution.

Anonymous said...

Now listen 1048, we'll have none of that voice of reason and truth out of you!