Saturday, May 12, 2012

USA - Happy Mother's Day, 5/13/12!


 Technorati/Shera Roetcisoender, 5/4/12. "Stress Free Mother's Day"

Let's face it, most men truly just have no idea what women like for a special day, and every woman's idea of what makes a day special will be different. Making Mother's Day a fun, stress-free event isn't as hard as it may seem, but a lot of it relies on Mom!

"I love you Mom!"
Start by making sure your expectations are realistic, the idea of juggling the kids, the house and making things special for Mother's Day can be rather overwhelming for the dads in our lives.

Take the guesswork out of it by letting them know ahead of time what would be special for you. Better yet, be consistent. I often just ask not to have to cook, clean or do dishes on Mother's Day. That alone means the world to me and it's what I ask for every year.
Take a picture. Have you seen something in the store recently that you loved? If the item and price makes sense, take a picture and send it to them. Remember to keep it realistic (don't send 10 pictures of things costing $50 each and expect to get any of them) if you give them a couple ideas it helps them immensely.

Above all else, enjoy the day and relish in any little loving thing your family does to celebrate you. When you do this the day always seems more special.
The key to a stress free Mother's Day is to find joy in every little thing your family does to celebrate you. No matter what, it's vital for mom to keep a good attitude and not let disappointment make your family feel like what they do isn't good enough."




Profile image for afroginmysoupArticle Author:  Shera Roetcisoender. "Writing has been a passion for me since I was a little girl. Now, with 6 boys of my own I have plenty to write about and you can often find me blogging at A Frog In My Soup.



Posted by Kathy Meeh

No comments: