Sunday, April 3, 2016

There is no perfect place for a car to quit, but yikes


Image result for superman pictures
 People stopped and helped
Pacifica Tribune Letters to the Editor, week of March 30, 2016 (print version only),  "A public thank you" by Anne DeJarnatt

Image result for driving up Sharp Park Road, Pacifica picture
Car quit driving up Sharp Park Road
"Around 8:30 in the morning on Friday, March 18, my car suddenly died near the top of the hill on Sharp Park Road. It was sudden enough that I did not manage to get the car pulled over-- it was still occupying the outer half of the lane. Cars were coming up the hill behind me very fast. I judged it wise to get out of the car and stand as far off the road as I could.

Standing there in the cool air with cars whizzing by every few minutes, my ability to deal with the situation was seriously impaired. Fortunately, a number of people stopped and helped me. One put out a warning sign down the road from my car. One called the three As. One backed my car out of the lane onto the side of the road, where it no longer obstructed traffic. Several stopped while I awaited the tow truck, just to make sure things were OK.

I am so grateful to all of these people. Their kindness helped me out of a bad spot, and also reassured me that there is still much good in the world. I resolve to pass it on."
---------- 

Related, driving down Sharp Park road.  YouTube/Tony Lu, 1/13/13, minutes 3:07, "Sharp Park road drive".    Note photographs: Driving from the related YouTube; Superman with halo from Fanpop/Kiosked Ads/Columbo's Digital Work/Superman. 

Posted by Kathy Meeh

No comments: