Saturday, March 24, 2012

Response to Notice of Intent to Recall - Pete De Jarnatt


"I believe the allegations made against me are vague, very difficult to understand and completely baseless.  I have always taken my duties on the city council very seriously.  I feel my decisions as a councilmember have consistently been in the best interest of the community.
 15 1/2 years, the Pacific ocean is our economy.
I greatly appreciate the Pacifica voters' support and confidence in me as demonstrated by electing me to four consecutive terms from the first time I ran in 1996.  Although I have found this position to be interesting as well as extremely challenging I have made it clear that this will be my last term.

I am very sad that what I consider to be a small group of malcontents have resorted to this divisive strategy at a time when we should be working together for the good of Pacifica.

I will continue to honor my commitment to preserve our city's environment, support a local police force to protect our families, neighborhoods and businesses and support reasonable growth for Pacifica.

Its has been a honor to serve the city of Pacifica for the last 15 1/2 years."

Pete De Jarnatt

Submitted by Therese Dyer

Posted by Kathy Meeh

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the perfect venue for Pete. His ability to manage this town in about on par with his peeps in this picture.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the recall campaign is here. Posts on Pete and Sue. Dazzling, brilliant, insightful work that really raises the discussion level.

Anonymous said...

Pete. Don't you know the book is upside down. Yeah,yeah.
It's time to start reading the proper way.

Evelyn Woods said...

Pete oughta read his council packet every once in awhile!

Hutch said...

"Bhatman has a great headline for this story."

I just schooled Batman over at the Patch. Hehe

Of course the law was broken by Leon. The DA says that the Brown Act was violated. No matter how you try to spin it we can still understand English.