Thursday, December 22, 2011

Chris Porter does another good deed




"Editor:  I'd like to thank Chris Porter of Recology for helping out last minute with a secret romantic surprise I had for my wife. Yesterday we received a long-awaited kitchen range by freight. I had the old range in the back of my truck and I wanted to drop it off at the recycling yard so my wife would not see it when she got home from work. I headed over to the recycling yard but it was closed. As I passed the Recology main office on the way home I spotted Chris just as she was leaving work for the day. I explained the situation, asked for her help adding it was for love and romance and she let me drop off the old stove in the adjacent garbage truck garage.

I'd like to thank Chris Porter and Recology for helping me pull off a wonderful romantic surprise for my hard-working wife who was so delighted when I told her the how Ms. Porter and Recology helped out in the surprise she wife insisted on emailing a personal thank you to Chris which included a photo of the Mandarin Orange Chicken with Olives she was baking in her new shiny oven. Thankfully, our waste haulers, like Chris Porter, are hopeless romantics! Happy Holidays."

Todd McCune Bray

Posted by Kathy Meeh.  Jim Wagner also sent an email asking for this article re-post.

9 comments:

Porky said...

Hell just froze over and pigs are flying. This must be the solstice at work!

todd bray said...

hahahaha, Chris replied to my wife's email that I should write a thank you Letter to the Editor for her and Recology. Hell should be A-OK.

The Apologist said...

Lionel will be jealous, Todd!
Tread lightly.

todd bray said...

Lionel and I had a good laugh about it already. I wish Chris would say thank you for the effort. Oh well...

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. Who should Chris thank and for what?

Anonymous said...

about time to kissed up to recology and Chris Mr Bray

Chris Porter said...

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Porter
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:54 AM
To: 'Alida Bray'
Subject: RE: New stove

Cook that man some good suppers! Happy to be able to help out.


Chris Crescio Porter
General Manager

Recology™ | 2305 Palmetto Avenue | Pacifica, CA 94044
T: 650-355-9000 | cporter@recology.com
WASTE ZERO




-----Original Message-----
From: Alida Bray [mailto:abray@historysanjose.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:36 PM
To: Chris Porter
Cc: Todd Bray
Subject: New stove

Thanks Chris! Todd told me how you helped him- I was totally surprised! My first new stove ever- Cooking tangerine chicken.....alida


Todd..Here is all the communications I had with Alida. Very contrary to what you are saying. I was happy to help you out and still am. Glad my help gave you and Lionel a good laugh. I guess, thank you for the effort that you two made to get a good laugh on me. Happy holidays Alida.

Anonymous said...

After all the grief you have caused Chris Porter, you should have brought the Recology office some Tangerine Chicken

todd bray said...

My apologies Chris, Alida didn't inform me of your exchange. Thanks for responding to her email. Happy Holidays.