Saturday, February 11, 2012
Pacifica firefighters evacuated a Ross Dress for Less store after a report of a possible explosion that turned out to be a natural gas leak inside the building.
Firefighters arrived at the store at 1410 Linda Mar Blvd. about 8:21 a.m. Saturday and upon entering the building smelled a strong natural gas odor and heard carbon monoxide detectors sounding. They evacuated the building and an adjoining Rite-Aid store and shut down the store's heating system. They also ventilated the building and worked with PG&E to find the source of the gas.