Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Calif Water Wars - I like Feinstein and Poizner but, I do not agree with them on their decision


I have been reading all day trying to find where I stand on this issue, I think I already knew but, had to make sure, so I could sleep at night. In California, the rich and powerful  are subsidized, the poor and unions are subsidized and then for people like me, who are in the middle, get stuck paying the bill.

No more. I am with the environmentalists on this one. As soon as Speaker Pelosi took over, she promised small farmers and organic farmers she would put an end to cotton and rice farmers getting cheap water and government subsidies, she did nothing but, the opposite of her words. Democrats and Republican Leaders are just plain wrong on this issue.

http://www.ggu.edu/lawlibrary/environmental_law_journal/eljvol3/attachment/Carter.pdf

Submitted by Kathleen Rogan

No comments: