Thursday, September 20, 2012

Visit to the country from a city dweller


Home town charm, little cash
Pacifica Tribune, letters to the editor. 9/18/12,  "Pacifica praises" by Shirley Bier, Daly City

"Each Wednesday morning I drive down the hill from my home in Dally City to Sharp Park where I read the Tribune to my friend who has lost her sight, and every time I make the trip I think about what a pleasure it was to live in Pacifica, which I did for more than twenty five years.

Imagination of Pelican Air Force
Every time I go in town I meet old customers of the butcher shop who greet me like they just saw me yesterday. The people are the town and I'm going to name three of them who are special. Penny Newall of St. Andrew Presbyterian Church is the greatest pastor around, come listen to her preach. Phil Cusick of Eureka Square has the needles and hands that make you believe in Chinese medicine. Robin Crawford is a wonderful lawyer whose office is on Francisco, he even has a sense of humor. Oh, and one more, Jean Bartlett is a gift, her feature writing is a pleasure to read. Hang on to her Tribune.

Pacifica is a diverse city which has something for each resident to be thankful for. Enjoy living here and give my regards to the Pelican Air Force."

Posted by Kathy Meeh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. In the "silly season" it's nice to get a compliment.

Anonymous said...

@705 "Nice to get a compliment". With all due respect, unless you're Rev. Newell, Mr. Cusick, Robin Crawford, or a pelican, you haven't been complimented. The very nice original poster no longer lives here. You live here, you notice that beyond the great people and nice scenery this town is dying from neglect and inept management.