Voter Edge/11/8/2016 Election/Pacifica City Council, "My top 3 priorities."
| Two (2) candidates will|
continue current progress
in this City, two (2) will not.
1. Sue Vaterlaus, (Professional Businesswoman). 1) No managed retreat- I am in favor of continuing to save our coast and to redo the seawall thereby maintaining our homes, businesses, infrastructure and more. 2) Main Street- We have been working on a downtown mainstreet for many many years and it is finally coming to fruition. Walkable shops, restaurants and hotel for all Pacificans. 3) Library- Pacifica needs a new 21st Century Library.
2. Mary Ann Nihart, (Incumbent; Clinical Director, Chief Nurse Ambulatory Care SF Veterans Affairs Health System). 1) Increase affordable housing. 2) Stabilize our shoreline and protect our environment. 3) Improve our infrastructure.
3. Bridget Duffy, (Homemaker). 1) Save Pacifica's neighborhood libraries. 2) establish renters rights. 3) preserve our nature.
4. Deirdre Martin, (Product Manager). 1) Work to put policy in place to create protections from the rising cost of rent, to keep the people who want to stay in Pacifica- in Pacifica. 2) Sea level rise is real, is here, and we are only beginning to feel the effects. We need to understand the impacts on our community, our economy and our environment and act on it. 3) I am firmly against the Caltrans plan to more than double the width of Highway 1 between Fassler and Vallemar. We need to conduct 21st century studies to propose alternative solutions to traffic concerns.
Reference, Full general election 11/8/16. Voters Edge/Ballot information.
Related City Council Candidate website information.
1. Sue Vaterlaus. Website, See Meet Sue: " New leadership delivering results for our community." ... "From 2013 to 2016 she served on the Pacifica Planning Commission. Prior to that from 2011 to 2013 on the Economic Development Committee and also on Financing City Services. In addition she was on the General Plan Steering Committee and City Facilities Site Plan Committee. Sue was also on the Board for the Pacifica Library Foundation and many committees at both Terra Nova High School and Vallemar School. Sue served on the Bond Review Committee for the Pacifica School Distrct."
2. Mary Ann Nihart. Mary Ann Nihart/Facebook, includes links to related information. Candidate website. City Council Incumbent. City Councilmember attendance 92%, voting record. Professional background, outside City Government, UCSF Profiles.
3. Bridget Duffy. See Voter Edge information above. Green Party.
4. Deirdre Martin. Deirdre Martin/Facebook. Linked In.
Related articles. Pacifica Tribune/Jane Northrop, Staff Writer, 8/24/16, "City Council candidates file papers for election." Pacifica Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center, 10/17/16, "City Council candidates speak! Hear their answers to local community concerns, Q&A"
Note graphic from City of Laramie, WY, 2016, Municipal Elections, 2016 City Council.
Posted by Kathy Meeh