Friday, January 30, 2015

Super Bowl media day 2015, Seattle Seahawks, great athlete, few words, hometown Oakland


"OAKLAND -- As much as Marshawn Lynch detests doing interviews, something the Seattle Seahawks' star running back reinforced during his "I'm just here so I won't get fined" auto-answer session during Media Day (and his "You know why I'm here" follow-up on Wednesday), there's absolutely no question that one particular subject is near and dear to his heart.

Ask Lynch about where he grew up, and if you're someone he trusts, he'll talk about 'The Town' with a gleam in his eye and a massive smile on his face.  .... Everything about Oakland," he told me then, "is everything about me."  NFL/Michael Silver/Media Columnist, 1/28/15, Mashawn Lynch's Oakland ties reveal Seahawks star's spirit." includes video 2:39 minutes.

 ----------
PHOENIX -- Marshawn Lynch saved his best media performance for last. In a fascinating five-minute sitdown that included one soliloquy, minutes of awkward silence, and lots of shout outs, Lynch spoke honestly of his difficulty dealing with all the attention this week."

I mean all week, I done told y'all what's up. And for some reason y'all continue to come back and do the same thing," Lynch said. "I don't know what story y'all trying to get out of me. I don't know what image y'all trying to portray of me, but it don't matter what y'all think, what y'all say about me because when I go home at night, the same people that I look in the face -- my family, that I love -- that's all that really matters to me.

....  "I'm here preparing for the game and y'all want to ask me all these questions which is understandable. ... But I told y'all I'm not about to say nothing," Lynch said. "If y'all ain't mad at me, then what y'all here for?" Lynch said earlier in the session. "I ain't got nothing for y'all though." NFL.com Around the NFL/Gregg Rosenthal, 1/29/15. Around the NFL/Gregg Rosenthal, 1/29/15,"Marshawn Lynch: What are y'all here for?", includes video 5:10 minutes. 

Reference:   NFL.com/Superbowl 2015, New England Patriots vs. Seattle Seahawks. 

Photographs. Marshawn with Coach Zimbio/Marshawn Lynch pictures. Running image Zimbo. Looking back by Jake Foster, Chat sports. Running on field image blippitt.com. 

Posted by Kathy Meeh

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Go Go Seahawks!!

Tom Clifford said...

Go Patriots' I am from Mass. after all.

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me your a fan of Tom Brady also?

Kathy Meeh said...

Jimmy Kimmel on Tom Brady, 4:27 minutes.

Tom Clifford said...

Really, I am just hoping for a good hard fought Game.