Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Public Meeting -- March 9th -- Cabrillo School - GGNRA Dog Management Plan


GGNRA is  holding an open house, public meeting concerning its draft plan for dog management:

Wednesday, March 9
Cabrillo School
601 Crespi Drive
Pacifica, CA 94044
 

4:00 - 8:00 p.m. 

You can come to this meeting at any time during the posted hours.

Information about the proposed plan is available here:

 This is not simply a matter of requiring that dogs be leashed -- in every park, the majority of trails will be closed to all dogs, with visitors with leashed dogs restricted to using only a few trails in the park.   This will impact Mori Point, Milagra Ridge, and Sweeney Ridge -- as well as GGNRA areas outside of Pacifica, such as Fort Funston.  (The draft plan covers all parks in San Mateo, San Francisco, & Marin counties that are part of GGNRA). 

If you are a regular user of any of these parks, I urge you to review the documents posted on line and attend this meeting.  

-Abigail Marshall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a tax payer and have been using FT. funston for almost 20yrs. I was asked to leash my dogs at Mori pt ( I had been going there for about 15yrs, with no problem, until GGNRA "took over"). I have 2 large dogs that need to RUN. Walking on leash doesn't tire them, only me. ..My knee surg is march 31st. Please listen to the voters and continue to have ft. funston, heavily used and enjoyed by many-and leave it the way it is!