· September 27, 2016 Tuesday, 6:00 PM, Pacifica City Council Chambers, 2212 Beach Blvd., 2nd Floor, Pacifica
· Pacifica City Council Study Session on Sea Level Rise: The Pacifica City Council will hold a study session regarding Sea Level Rise to share information and gather feedback for next steps in addressing sea level rise issues in our community.
Anti-golf activists are pressing Pacifica and the governmental agencies to adopt a “managed retreat” response to threatened sea level rise: in other words, to stop maintaining or even to remove the Sharp Park and Beach Boulevard sea walls which provide flood protection to the West Fairway Park and West Sharp Park neighborhoods and the Sharp Park Golf Course. As an early step towards developing City policy to deal with sea rise, the Pacifica City Council will next Tuesday, September 27, at 6 p.m. at Pacifica City Hall, 2212 Beach Blvd, 2nd Floor, Pacifica, hold a public Study Session, to “gather feedback” from Pacifica residents. PLEASE MARK SEPT. 27, 6 P.M. ON YOUR CALENDAR, AND PLAN TO ATTEND
At that meeting, please be prepared to testify:
1. I am a resident of the [ West Fairway Park or West Sharp Park] neighborhood.
and / or
2. Sharp Park Golf Course is important to me because (a) I – or my friends, family, and I—play golf there regularly; (b) I work there
3. These places should be protected -- not abandoned to the ocean. The sea walls must be repaired and maintained and improved.
4. Damage to the low-lying neighborhoods and to the golf course threatens the common welfare of all Pacifica, and all its residents.
5. Add your own points.
6. If you cannot attend the Sept. 27 meeting, you can write an e-mail to the City Council, at email@example.com . Address the e-mail to “Pacifica City Council”, and be sure to include your street address.
Please spread the word among your friends and neighbors to turn-out at the Sept. 27 City Council Study Session, and to urge the Pacifica City Council and all levels of government to protect these areas from the ocean.
RSVP: Please let us know if you will attend. If instead you send an e-mail to City Council, please send us a copy.
Submitted by Richard Harris
San Francisco Public Golf Alliance